In the Classroom
Part-time, evening classes work around your schedule so you can begin your career transition while continuing to support yourself. Led by instructors who work as professionals in the cyber security field, classes focus on in-depth, practical projects that prepare you for success in your new career.
Outside of Class
Students are expected to utilize their e-textbook, unlimited tutoring, and organized group study sessions to practice course material outside of class – part of our flipped classroom approach. By studying outside of class, students can use class time to build their projects and get feedback from their instructor.
Texas Tech Coding Academy’s Cyber Security Track is designed to take students from no experience to job ready in under a year. At the end of the 32 week course, students will be prepared to take two of the CompTIA cyber security certifications (Network+ and Security+).
- Understand networking services and applications
- Use appropriate network monitoring tools
- Understand network security vulnerabilities and remedies
- Understand network security
- Identify and mitigate security threats
- Understand application, data, and host security issues
- Implement access control and identity management