What is Software Development?
(and why do we teach it?)
The World’s Top Programming Languages
Design Engaging, Responsive Front-Ends
Use Node.js/Express.js to Build Powerful Back-Ends
Learn how to collect and process data using Node.js/Express.js – and also how to manage databases with SQL.
Tap Into The Tech Scene
In the Classroom
Part-time, evening classes work around your schedule so you can begin your career transition while continuing to support yourself. Led by instructors who work as professional software developers, classes focus on in-depth, practical projects that prepare you for success in your new career.
Outside of Class
Students are expected to utilize their e-textbook, unlimited tutoring, and organized group study sessions to practice course material outside of class – part of our flipped classroom approach. By studying outside of class, students can use class time to build their projects and get feedback from their instructor.
Texas Tech Coding Academy’s Full Stack software Development Track is designed to take students from no experience to job ready in under a year. After graduating, students continue to receive support in finding their first job from our Job Placement Course, Director of Job Placement, and various hiring partners.
(Highly Recommended for Enrolled Students)
This course is fully designed to ensure our students are 100% prepared to code on the first day. If you would like a chance to work through your pre-work with an instructor, please attend our FREE Prep Course prior to the first day of Web 101 (choose the prep course date prior to your cohort beginning)! Pre-work is due before class starts so begin as soon as you can!
- Foundations of HTML & CSS
- Guided coding exercises & interactive hands-on elements
- Step by step guide on how to set up coding environment
- End Goal: We are building a landing page to prepare for Web 101!
Whether you came from our last Learn to Code (link learn to code event page) event or are taking your first steps in coding, this course is guided by an actual web developer who will be your instructor for the 2 week event! We will build a website on our very first day that you can share with friends and family. Let’s get to coding!
- HTML5 + all new HTML5 APIs
- CSS3 + Animations and Transitions
- Version Control Software - Git
- Responsive Web Design
- Input Control and Form Submissions
- Immersion in Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Build Unit Testing + Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Master Callbacks and Functional Programming
- Interact with remote APIs and manipulate data
Databases, Authentication, and Hosting, Oh My! In this course you’ll learn all the back-end tools you need to build the behind-the-scenes functionality for web applications. Build projects that can Create, Read, Update, and Delete their data, using MySQL, Node.js, Express.js, and Google Cloud.
- Shape your own SQL Database
- Serve Express.js routes
- Harness the power of Node.js
- MVC - Model, View, Controller
- Deploy your own Node Modules
- Learn to host, deploy and manage your web applications
React and Redux are the hotness in the industry. Created and maintained by Facebook, React.js is a library focused on beautiful user interfaces to display information from those robust databases and APIs you learned in previous courses. In this course you’ll also build your capstone project, showing off all the skills you have!
- Build web apps with React
- Maintain app state with Redux
- Build Production grade Apps with Webpack
- Handle Client-Side Routing
- Expand your knowledge of Git
- Deep-Dive into HTTPS protocol
- Technical interview prep
- White-boarding practice and feedback
- Portfolio support
- Resume building
- Networking opportunities and strategies
- Job-finding strategies
Download Our Course Guide
of our graduates are employed as software developers within 6 months.
The average salary for a software developer in Texas.
Our courses are designed to teach you relevant skills through practical application. Learn in-demand technologies by building real-life projects with feedback from professional developers.
Director of Job Assistance
Receive one-on-one attention from our Director of Job Assistance, who provides resume feedback, sets up interviews and events with companies, helps with applying, and more.
Job Assistance Course
Hone your online presence, resume, and interview skills in our 4-week job assistance course. This course is led by both a professional developer and a recruiter and is free to all Texas Tech Coding Academy graduates.
Texas Tech Coding Academy maintains working relationships with a host of local companies that depend on our graduates to fill open software development positions.