What is Web Development?
(and why do we teach it?)
The World’s Top Programming Languages
Design Engaging, Responsive Front-Ends
Use Node.js/Express.js to Build Powerful Back-Ends
Learn how to collect and process data using Node.js/Express.js – and also how to manage databases with SQL.
Tap Into The Tech Scene
In the Classroom
Part-time, evening classes work around your schedule so you can begin your career transition while continuing to support yourself. Led by instructors who work as professional web developers, classes focus on in-depth, practical projects that prepare you for success in your new career.
Outside of Class
Students are expected to utilize their e-textbook, unlimited tutoring, and organized group study sessions to practice course material outside of class – part of our flipped classroom approach. By studying outside of class, students can use class time to build their projects and get feedback from their instructor.
Texas Tech Coding Academy’s Full Stack Web Development Track is designed to take students from no experience to job ready in under a year. After graduating, students continue to receive support in finding their first job from our Job Placement Course, Director of Job Placement, and various hiring partners.
- HTML5 + all new HTML5 APIs
- CSS3 + Animations and Transitions
- Version Control Software - Git
- Responsive Web Design
- Input Control and Form Submissions
- Immersion in Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Build Unit Testing + Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Master Callbacks and Functional Programming
- Interact with remote APIs and manipulate data
- Shape your own SQL Database
- Serve Express.js routes
- Harness the power of Node.js
- MVC - Model, View, Controller
- Deploy your own Node Modules
- Learn to host, deploy and manage your web applications
- Build web apps with React
- Maintain app state with Redux
- Build Production grade Apps with Webpack
- Handle Client-Side Routing
- Expand your knowledge of Git
- Deep-Dive into HTTPS protocol
- Technical interview prep
- White-boarding practice and feedback
- Portfolio support
- Resume building
- Networking opportunities and strategies
- Job-finding strategies
Want an In-Depth Look?
Download Our Course Guide
of our graduates are employed as web developers within 6 months.
The average salary for an entry level web developer in Texas.
Our courses are designed to teach you relevant skills through practical application. Learn in-demand technologies by building real-life projects with feedback from professional developers.
Director of Job Assistance
Receive one-on-one attention from our Director of Job Assistance, who provides resume feedback, sets up interviews and events with companies, helps with applying, and more.
Job Assistance Course
Hone your online presence, resume, and interview skills in our 4-week job assistance course. This course is led by both a professional developer and a recruiter and is free to all Texas Tech Coding Academy graduates.
Texas Tech Coding Academy maintains working relationships with a host of local companies that depend on our graduates to fill open web development positions.